Self-Wicking







 Yes, self-wicking is real and it works! A friend of mine was working on a bucket to create a self-wicking device. I started to do some research. Hmm, I thought, “I can do this.” I went to my local hardware store and purchased my items. I am pretty sure I looked funny. Here I am a 5’1 woman buying the following items. First, it was the garden area then off to the plumbing department.

French pipe, 1 inch PVC pipe, 4-5 gallon buckets, landscape fabric, and potting soil

I am walking around trying to figure out how to cut the PVC pipe because it needs to be at a slant on one end. Yay!! I found someone. He was confused about what and why I was asking him. I explained it was for my garden. 

I get home and start to create my buckets. I had to drill a hole
3 inches from the bottom. This creates air at the bottom. The plants need air and water. You can learn so much on YouTube. Pictures to follow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 2nd